|Summer of Simoun: CONTEST
||[Jul. 3rd, 2010|12:20 pm]
Simoun Livejournal Community
Right, so this is random, but it all came about from a mistake I made with something.... Anyway.
So it seems there's quite a few people who can write and draw humor and spoofs on here and we all love a good laugh, right? So, from today until July 31st, I'm going to run a "Simoun Spoof and Humor" contest. It will end at 11:59 PM EST on that date.
1. Create an entry that fits the category of being a spoof or just being humorous in general.
2. Your entry can be of any medium: fanfic, drabble, comic, art, etc as long as it follows the rules
3. You'll be judged on both how well it's done and the humor or spoof value
4. You may not use any previously written works.
5. Post all entries to the community, and make sure you label it as being for the contest
6. All entries must be submitted by July 31st at 11:59 PM EST timezone
7. You are free to do as many entries as you like. There is no limit.
8. Have fun!
I only have one thing to offer, unless anyone else wants to offer a prize of their own?
One winner will be selected from all entries to receive a customized Simoun notebook, featuring Aaeru and Neviril. It's 6.75 x 9 in size and is blank inside (not lined, hence my mistake). The front cover is pictured here and the quote used is one I created from Aaeru's POV. It is a laminated cover. On the inside left, shown here, you can see the confession of love between Aaeru and Neviril, done from using the official DVD subs. Then you've got 199 blank pages of goodness. There were 200, but I was trying to do something before I gave up and just reordered the notebook I needed. The product itself is beautiful and a wonderful custom piece of Simoun for any fan.
(Note: I think it's obvious, but I won't be participating in this. I'll be a judge instead :D)